After a major cleanup of the structure and logic due to a handful of issues, v4.1 of the Project Importer is now available! You can download the latest version here:
The purpose of the Project Importer is to allow users to import their project plans from other systems. Currently Microsoft Project and WBS Gantt Chart Pro are supported.
The significant changes in this release include:
- Fixed a major issue where dependencies weren’t being imported properly or sometimes at all.
- Added a tweak to the MS Project processor to make sure the project title is retrieved properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Project Start Date was not set properly in the MS Project import
- Tweaked the import process so that if there’s no Company match, it default’s to the current User’s Company. This resolves the issue where a Project could accidentally get assigned to no Company and therefore disappear due to permissions.
- Changed the licensing to align with the coming web2project license shift.
There is a goal to support additional file type imports. At present, CSV – as an Excel export – is one option but is the most difficult due to a lack of formal/official column/field structure that a user could create. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share them in our forums.
The Project Importer can be downloaded here: